Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dear Derek ( I wrote this song for my cousins real cousins)

Dear Derek

You wear your band t-shirts, and skinny jeans; that makes you look cool.
Hair’s so long that it’ll eventually touch the floor,
Just trying to find out what’s there in the world.
You got your new tattoo, trying to show it off.
You probably want to let everyone know your ok on your own.

What has gotten to you? Now alcohol and drugs is what you just need.
I don’t know what happen to you; maybe I want to help.
I know I just met you last year; you always talk about wanting to get high.
I guess you getting in trouble all the time makes you unstoppable.

Dear Derek I have a lot of things to say to you.
Instead of me writing a letter, I’ll express my words and turn it into a song.
I feel that you have a good heart, and you would love to make your family proud.
Right now, your lost maybe you want to fit in the crowd.
Your walking to a path where you only see is negative things.
Dear Derek I used to be insecure, so I did stuff that I wouldn’t normally do.
Somehow I had to realized a lot of things that there’s so much better things, than trying to fit in.

I know you’ll find ways to make your life better,
Don’t be a follower; try to be different.
Drugs and alcohol, will only lead you somewhere you don’t want to be.
Instead of people wanting to help, they’ll slowly disappear.
Try to cry, express your anger, scream to get rid of the pain your feeling inside.
Talk to someone, like me because I’ll always be here.
I want to help you; I really see you being happy

Dear Derek, start thinking of what you want to do.
I know you have goals you would love to accomplish.
If you try, I know you’ll make your dreams come true.
Focus on getting good grades, and start thinking what’s really important.
Dear Derek I see you being a great person, but you just don’t see it yet.
I know your going to get better, if you try.
I wont compare you to someone who has everything, because
You’ll have everything too if you just believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment